Veteran. Leader. Public Servant.
Jean-Pierre “JP” Bado was raised on Long Island, NY by his single-mother and tià who had emigrated to the U.S. from Costa Rica.
He now lives in Coral Gables with his wife Carolyn, a property manager, and their rescue dog Lorenzo.
Jean-Pierre is a lifelong learner and public servant. At an early age, his mother taught him the importance of education as a means to opportunity.
Inspired by an uncle’s old war stories, he applied to only one university: The United States Military Academy at West Point.
After graduating from the Corps of Cadets, Jean-Pierre served as a U.S. Army Infantry officer, leading soldiers in combat zones in the former Yugoslavia.
Upon his honorable discharge, Jean-Pierre once again prioritized education. He earned an M.B.A. in Finance and International Business from the University of Miami and a J.D. from the Florida International University School of Law, the latter of which he attended in the evenings while working full-time.
Jean-Pierre will be an accessible public servant to the people of District 114. As Representative, his legislative priorities will be to:
- Find innovative solutions to address sea-level rise and climate change
- Pass common-sense gun control legislation that will keep our communities safe
- Create economic opportunity through education
- Fulfill our obligations to veterans
- Advocate for more clean energy programs
- Support free college at public colleges and universities